Arrowhead Provincial Park is a popular winter destination for Ontario adventure seekers. It features more than 33 km of cross-country ski trails, a variety of hiking/snowshoeing trails as well as a skating rink and the famous skating trail. There are also two warm-up shelters and an open fire pit at the top of the tubing hill!
Join us for a guided winter adventure as we tackle the snowshoieing trails at this scenic Ontario park with other outdoor enthusiasts from the Toronto area. Do you prefer to ski or skate? No problem! You have the option to bring your own equipment or rent it at the Park, and then enjoy yourself on the cross-country ski trails or the skating areas independently for the whole or part of the day.
DATE: Sat, January 26
TIME: 7:15 AM - 6:00 PM
1) By chartered COACH: $93 Round-trip (park entrance incl) OR
2) DRIVING yourself: $10 per car (incl any guests)
BOOKING: Registration for this trip is now CLOSED
EVENT CATEGORY: Guided snowshoeing adventure
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Beginner – All levels welcome!
MODE OF TRAVEL: Chartered Highway Coach
WHAT TO BRING: Water (at least 1 L), lunch, snacks, appropriate clothing and footwear, hat, camera, cellphone, cash for personal expenses and/or donation to TorontoHiking, enthusiasm.
WEATHER POLICY: In the event of hazardous weather conditions, this trip will be cancelled. The hike leader will monitor the weather forecast and notify all registered members at least 24 hours in advance to confirm or cancel the event (in the event of a light shower or light wind, the trip will not be cancelled.)
If the trip is cancelled, you will have an option to get a full refund, or reschedule for another date, if available.
TOTAL SNOWSHOEING TIME: 3.5-4.0 hours on the trails, depending on overall group pace.
TIMELINE Meet our group at the bus pickup location below NO LATER than 7:15 AM. You will read and sign a waiver form and then board the bus at 7:30 AM. The outdoor activity will start when we arrive at destination, around 10:30 AM
* By TTC: Meet your hike leader, Walter, OUTSIDE the Starbucks at College Subway Stn (NW corner of Yonge St and College St.).
*** Click HERE for Google Map ***
* By Car: Drivers (and their guests) are welcome to join this guided hike by registering and paying the $10 event fee online via TorontoHiking. Exact meeting time and place will be emailed to all those who register on this website. Click the "Register" button below to proceed.
1) By BUS: $93.00 +HST
2) DRIVING yourself: $10.00 +PayPal fee (8%) per car (incl. any guests)
* Round-trip transport from Toronto aboard a chartered highway coach -- ONLY if choosing option 1 "By Bus" above
* Park entrance fee -- ONLY with option 1 "By Bus" above;
* Ski/skating trail pass -- ONLY with option 1 "By Bus" above;
* Guided snowshoeing adventure with an experienced TorontoHiking hike leader
* Snowshoe rental: $10.00/ Half Day (payable at the Park)
* Ski or skating equipment rentals (optional)
* Whatever you eat or drink
RSVP Deadline: Friday, Jan 11
Transportation provided by PARKBUS, a Toronto-based company which offers day trips and weekend adventure trips around Canada, established in 2010.
Disclaimer: Our walks/hikes are planned and operated by volunteers. Most group adventures/hikes on TorontoHiking are led by volunteers with several years of experience as hike leaders. However, we make no claims of being professional guides, and take no responsibility for the outcome of any of our activities.