EXPLORE THE GORGEOUS BRUCE PENINSULA NATL PARK, ONTARIO, CANADA
(Optional transport by private van from Toronto available)
4 Days / 3 Nights
July 4-7, 2019
CAD $299 per person
(about US $230)
BOOKING: Sorry, this trip is SOLD OUT.
You are invited to join our guided hiking adventure in one of Canada's favorite hiking destinations -- the Bruce Peninsula National Park! Located in spectacular Georgian Bay, on the shores of Lake Huron, this UNESCO-protected region features thousands of acres of lush green forests, peaceful inland lakes, flat-rock beaches and limestone cliffs towering over the Bay's turquoise waters.
The Peninsula section of the Bruce Trail stretches for 170 Km across the Bruce Peninsula from the town of Wiarton to Tobermory, through green forests and along cliffs with gorgeous vistas over the lake and the rocky coastline. Every day we will explore a different part of the trail. The hikes are quite difficult with steep climbs and rugged, rocky terrain. Advanced-level hiking skills required to attend.
Max 10 participants. We recommend that you register on this site by January 31 to secure your spot.
Optional round-trip transportation from Toronto aboard a chartered passenger van is available. The van departs Toronto on Thu, July 4 at 8:15 AM and is expected to return there around 9:00 PM on Sun, July 7. An optional trail shuttle service by van with private driver is also available for an extra charge. All hikes are LINEAR, so those who wish to drive or carpool to the trails will have to arrange their own two-car shuttle service between the trailhead and the end point of each hike.
We will stay at an elegant lodge in the lakeside village of Lion's Head. Our lodge features free WiFi, a fully-equipped kitchen, a dining room and several sitting areas. Accommodation is in double (if joining with a partner) or twin rooms with private bathroom, shared with a fellow group member. There are NO single rooms available. If you don't have a roommate, you will be paired with another participant of same gender.
Meals are not included, but you may request a daily breakfast for an extra charge of $15 per day. Contact the trip organizer for details. There are also restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance.
WHAT TO BRING
Backpack for day use, hat, water bottle, hiking boots, rain jacket, bug spray, sun block, sun glasses, camera, cell phone, hiking poles, toiletry, whistle, snacks.
- Accommodation: CAD $299 (about US $230) +Tax pp for 3 nights (double occupancy) - Payable in person at check-in. (1)
- Event fee: CAD $25 pp (non-refundable) - Payable via TorontoHiking when you register (2)
- Optional round-trip by private van: adults and seniors CAD $199 pp (children $169) +Tax - Payable via TorontoHiking when you register
- Optional trail shuttle service by private passenger van: about $20 pp per day - Payable to the driver on site
OTHER COSTS: Meals and beverages; park entrance fees (about $8/day), medical insurance (if not a resident of Canada) and other travel or personal expenses paid separately.
* By Private Van: Meet your hike leader, Walter in Toronto, OUTSIDE Starbucks Coffee at Yonge St and York Mills Rd (York Mills subway station). Departure: Thursday, July 4 at 8:15 AM
* By Car: Drivers, please register by paying the $25 event fee and the refundable damage deposit online via TorontoHiking. Exact meeting time and place will be emailed to all those who register on this website.
Walter De Marco • He is a worldwide traveler who lives in Toronto, ON and organizes outdoor events and trips for adventure lovers with TorontoHiking, as well as several Meetup groups. He will escort the group and lead all the hikes on this amazing hiking adventure. You may contact Walter at +1.416.258.7430. Email thats.walter @ yahoo.com
RSVP Deadline: Sat, May 4
(1) A fully refundable damage deposit of CAD $80 is required to register. This will be returned to you after our group has checked out and the owner has inspected the lodge rooms for any damages.
(2) This covers PayPal fee and other administrative expenses.