THE PERFECT GROUP OUTDOOR ADVENTURE IN THE SPECTACULAR CANADIAN ROCKIES!
(Includes transport by private trail shuttle for 3 days)
7 Days / 6 Nights
Sep 29 to Oct 5, 2019
Calgary ~ Banff ~ Lake Louise ~ Lake Minnewanka
Athabasca Glacier ~ Peyto Lake ~ Yoho National Park ~ Moraine Lake
From $933 CAD (About US $705) – EARLY BIRD
Flight Flight NOT incl.
Reg price: From $1083 CAD (about US $820) after Aug 24, 2019
BOOKING: Registration for this trip is now CLOSED
EVENT CATEGORY: Hiking Trip, Multi-day.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Intermediate to advanced -- Recent experience hiking 16km (10mi)/day or more required.
Due to the high popularity of our first trip, scheduled for late August, we have decided to repeat this adventure in the Canadian Rockies!
Immerse yourself in some of the most amazing scenery and urban life that Canada offers, hike on scenic and well-maintained mountain trails, spot diverse wildlife, and rest by brilliant turquoise lakes in the amazing Canadian Rockies. Discover Moraine Lake, the Athabasca Glacier and hike the trails overlooking the gorgeous Takakkaw Falls on included day trips, or choose from one of the many exciting optional activities in the Lake Louise area, such as canoeing, a scenic gondola ride or extreme zip lining. Each day will be even more exciting than the last!
Max 10 participants. We recommend that you register on this site by Aug 20 to secure your spot.
• Guided hikes in the majestic Canadian Rockies
• Discover Banff and Yoho National Parks
• Abundant wildlife viewing opportunities
• Enjoy an amazing drive up the Columbia Icefields Parkway
• Explore Lake Louise, Moraine Lake and Takakkaw Falls
• Stay in a private double of dorm room at the comfortable HI Lake Louise hostel
DAILY ITINERARY >> Please, CLICK HERE <<
The price includes a trail shuttle service by chartered van with a local driver for days 2, 3 and 4, and round-trip transport to Moraine Lake aboard a shared bus on Day 5. We will use a local bus service operated by Parks Canada for transportation to local trails (not incl). Return fares for the local bus are $4 for adults and $2 for seniors (over 65).
Flight and airport transfer are not included. Airport transfer by private bus is available with Brewster Express . Visit the following link to book your transfer: https://www.banffjaspercollection.com/brewster-express/
We will stay for six nights at the comfortable HI Lake Louise Alpine Centre hostel, located at a short walking distance from the village of Lake Louise. The hostel features a restaurant and several spacious and bright common sitting areas. Payment for accommodation must be made directly to the hostel at the time of check in.
Meals are not included. Every day we will choose a suitable venue for our breakfast and dinner
The HI Lake Louise Alpine Centre hostel
A) Priv. room with 1 Double + 1 Single bed (bunk). Good for one couple or 2 single guests
B) Priv. dorm room w 4 beds (FEMALES only). Shared with other members of our group
* The rooms do not have an en-suite bathroom. There are shared bathrooms on each floor.
WHAT TO BRING
Backpack for day use, hat, water bottle, hiking boots, rain jacket, bug spray, sun block, sun glasses, camera, cell phone, hiking poles, towels, toiletry, whistle, snacks.
A) Double or Twin Room $1099 CAD (About US $835) – EARLY BIRD
Reg Price: $1249 (About US $945) after Aug 24, 2019
B) Priv 4-bed Dorm Room (FEMALES only) $933 CAD (About US $705) – EARLY BIRD
Reg Price: $1083 CAD (about US $820) after Aug 24, 2019
The prices above include your hostel accommodation. Payment for accommodation must be made directly to the hostel staff at the time of check in.
- Airfare and meals not included
- Optional HI Hostels Membership: $35 CAD (Non-members pay an extra 10% for accommodation)
- Airport Transfer from and to Calgary Airport by Brewster Express: $177 CAD (Incl Tax)
- National Park Pass: $8.50/Day
- Round-Trip bus fare to Lake Louise lakeshore: Adult: $4; Senior (over 65): $2
- Medical insurance (if not a resident of Canada)
- Other travel or personal expenses paid separately.
Booking Deposit. Due on this site upon registration
A) Double or Twin Room: CAD $115 pp (1)
(Incl a $35 Event Fee and a $80 REFUNDABLE booking deposit for the room). (2)
B) Priv 4-bed Dorm Room (FEMALES only) CAD $85 pp (1)
(Incl a $35 Event Fee and a $50 REFUNDABLE booking deposit for the room). (2)
Walter De Marco • He is a worldwide traveler who lives in Toronto, ON and organizes outdoor events and trips for adventure lovers with TorontoHiking, as well as several Meetup groups. He will escort the group and lead all the hikes on this amazing journey, along with another organizer of hiking trips from the Calgary, AB area. You may contact Walter at +1.416.258.7430. Email thats.walter @ yahoo.com
RSVP Deadline: Mon, September 2
(1) The total amount for the included activities is $633 CAD/ person (Early bird). The balance is due on this site by September 2, 2019
(2) The $35 Event Fee is non-refundable. The booking deposit will be reimbursed to you at the time of check in.