Take a break from the city grind and step into the great vibes and natural beauty of the outdoors at Snow Valley resort near Barrie this winter! Strap on a pair of snowshoes and enjoy the snow-covered trees, the winter landscape, and all the fun of playing in the snow. Snow Valley offers easily accessible trails for beginners and challenging trails for the more adventurous! Everybody can have a great time snowshoeing.
Do you prefer to ski or snowboard? No problem! You have the option to bring your own equipment or rent it at the resort, and then enjoy yourself on the ski/snowboarding slopes independently for the whole or part of the day.
DATE: Sat, February 16
TIME: 8:15 AM - 6:00 PM
1) By chartered BUS: $46 Round-trip OR
2) DRIVING yourself: $10 per car (incl. any guests)
BOOKING: Registration for this trip is now CLOSED
EVENT CATEGORY: Guided snowshoeing adventure
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Beginner – All levels welcome!
MODE OF TRAVEL: Chartered Bus (Yellow school-bus).
WHAT TO BRING: Water (at least 1 L), lunch, snacks, appropriate clothing and footwear, hat, camera, cellphone, cash for personal expenses and/or donation to TorontoHiking, enthusiasm.
WEATHER POLICY: In the event of hazardous weather conditions, this trip will be cancelled. The hike leader will monitor the weather forecast and notify all registered members at least 24 hours in advance to confirm or cancel the event (in the event of a light shower or light wind, the trip will not be cancelled.)
If the trip is cancelled, you will have an option to get a full refund, or reschedule for another date, if available.
TOTAL SNOWSHOEING TIME: 3.5-4.0 hours on the trails, depending on overall group pace.
TIMELINE Meet our group at the bus pickup location below NO LATER than 8:15 AM. You will read and sign a waiver form and then board the bus at 8:30 AM. The outdoor activity will start when we arrive at destination, around 10:30 AM
* By TTC: Meet your hike leader, Walter at the corner of Yonge St and OLD York Mills Rd (York Mills Subway Stn), on the SOUTH SIDE of Shell gas station at Yonge & York Mills Rd.
*** Click HERE for Google Map ***
* By Car: Drivers (and their guests) are welcome to join this guided hike by registering and paying the $10 event fee online via TorontoHiking. Exact meeting time and place will be emailed to all those who register on this website. Click the "Register" button below to proceed.
1) By BUS: $46.00 +PayPal fee (5%) Round-trip OR
2) DRIVING yourself: $10.00 +PayPal fee (8%) per car (incl. any guests)
* Round-trip transport from Toronto aboard a chartered bus (if choosing option 1 "By Bus" above)
* Guided snowshoeing adventure with an experienced TorontoHiking hike leader
* Snowshoe rental and Trail Pass: $16.00 OR Trail Pass Only: $7. Payable at the Resort
* Whatever you eat or drink
RSVP Deadline: Friday, Feb 1
Disclaimer: Our walks/hikes are planned and operated by volunteers. Most group adventures/hikes on TorontoHiking are led by volunteers with several years of experience as hike leaders. However, we make no claims of being professional guides, and take no responsibility for the outcome of any of our activities.