10 Days / 9 Nights
April 5-14, 2018
Rome ~ Naples ~ Pompeii
Salerno ~ Amalfi ~ Caserta
Castel del Monte ~ Trani ~ Matera
COST $2210 CAD
(about US $1710)
Explore 5 UNESCO World Heritage sites; immerse yourself in Rome’s diverse society and bubbling city life; marvel at the historic and artistic treasures of Rome, Pompeii and Naples; take in the stunning beauty of the coastal towns and beaches in world-renowned Amalfi Coast; hike the volcanic region of Pozzuoli and scenic Alta Murgia National Park; discover impressive castles in Caserta and Castel del Monte; experience the rural traditions and humble stone houses in the towns of Altamura and Matera.
Brought to you by Trekking Italia Puglia a not-for-profit Italian organization for hiking and nature lovers.
Day 1: Ciao Italia! Meet your event organizer, Walter, at the Fiumicino Airport in Rome, arrivals area, before 11:00 AM. Travel to our hotel (just outside Rome) to check into our rooms. Then we will head into town for a drink and a meet-and-greet with our Italian tour leader, followed by a stroll in the city centre. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (D)
Day 2: Discover Rome. Enjoy a day-long walking tour of Rome, led by a volunteer tour leader with over 30 years of experience. At 7:30 pm we will return to the hotel aboard our chartered van. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 3: More to explore!
Spend another day exploring more historic and archeological sites in Italy’s capital. In the afternoon, we will embark on a journey towards the coastal city of Naples aboard our chartered van. Upon arrival, we will check into our local hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 4: Earth & fire.
Take in the phenomenal scenery of the volcanic region near Naples. Let an English-speaking guide take you through the Roman-era artefacts and ruins preserved for thousands of years in the ancient town of Pompeii
, which was destroyed by a volcanic eruption in AD 79. Take a guided adventure hike from Campi Flegrei
to the volcanic hot springs in the town of Pozzuoli.
We will return to the hotel for dinner at 8:00 pm. Overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 5: Bella Napoli!
We will take a guided walking tour of the vibrant city of Naples
- which was once a state capital - to discover its rich artistic and historic treasures. Take in the stunning views of the sea, and the incredible fragrances of local pizza, pasta and other authentic fare. Return to the hotel at 7:30 pm, dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 6: Land & sea.
We will travel to Salerno aboard our private van, and then embark on a scenic ferry cruise around the Amalfi Coast
, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the charming coastal towns of Amalfi
on foot, and sample southern Italy’s renowned zesty liqueur - limoncello
- at a local shop. In the afternoon, we will travel to the southern region of Apulia
(the “heel” of the Italian peninsula, with a coastline that spans across three of its borders). We will check into our local country hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 7: Southern secrets.
Explore the natural treasures of this less-traveled region of Italy. Hike through Alta Murgia National Park
to the medieval castle and citadel of Castel del Monte
(UNESCO World Heritage Site) and the Bauxite mines. In the afternoon, take a walking tour of the town of Trani
, including the historic center and its cathedral in Apulian Romanesque style. Return to the hotel at 7:30 pm, dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 8: Past & present.
Discover the unique structures and traditions of the ancient towns of Altamura
, where rural customs and traditions live hand-in-hand with modern urban trends and amenities. In the afternoon, visit a local oil mill and learn about the age-old tradition of oil making in this southern region. Return to the hotel at 7:30 pm, dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 9: Meet the royals!
We will start our return trip toward Rome. On the way, we will take a walking tour of the castle in the city of Caserta
, a vast and magnificent example of Baroque architecture surrounded by a stunning royal garden. In the afternoon, we will travel back to Rome
aboard our chartered passenger van. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 10: Arrivederci!
Transfer to the Fiumicino Airport in Rome by chartered van to bid good-bye to Italy and the new friends we made on our grand Italian expedition. (B)
VIDEOS: Rome, Amalfi Coast, Trani and Matera >> Click HERE <<
a) Flight and Land tour (if leaving from Pearson Airport in Toronto) - Recommended:
Approx. $3,190 pp**
b) Land tour only: $2210 pp (about US $1710)
* Rates based on double-occupancy for a minimum of 10 travelers. Single supplement: CAD $455 (about US $351)
** Price may vary depending on air fares at the time of booking. Please, inquire with our travel agent about current rates
* 6 nights hotel accommodation in a double/twin room (buffet breakfast (B) included, tourist tax included)
* 3 nights country-hotel accommodation in a double/twin room (buffet breakfast (B) included, tourist tax included)
* round-trip transfer from Fiumicino airport to the Rome hotel (1)
* 9 dinners (D)
* experienced local Italian-speaking tour leader and English interpreter throughout the tour
* all guided sightseeing/hiking activities listed above
* transportation aboard a chartered van with professional driver for daily transfers and tours
* emergency medical insurance throughout the guided tour
* 1 admission ticket to the archeological site of Pompeii
* 1 private tour of Pompeii with English-speaking guide
* 1 visit and sampling at a limoncello liqueur shop in the Amalfi Coast,
* 1 visit to an olive oil mill in the Apulia region
(1) You are responsible to ensure that you arrive at the Fiumicino airport by 11:00 am on day 1, in order to use our private airport transfer service. If you are late, you may travel to the Rome hotel by other means.
* International flights (unless you purchase option (a) – “Flight and Land tour” above)
* Meals or transport not mentioned in itinerary above
* Any personal expenses, tips
* Entry fee to volcanic hot springs in the town of Pozzuoli (Euro 8.00)
* Entry fee to Caserta’s castle (Euro 13.00)
* Amalfi Coast ferry cruise (Euro 25.00)
Sarracini Travel General Terms and Conditions Apply
Please, contact our trusted travel specialist: