10 Days / 9 Nights
October 27 - November 5, 2019
Milan ~ Cinque Terre
Turin ~ Genoa ~ Parma
EARLY BIRD: $2915 CAD (about US $2210)
Reg price: $3115 CAD pp (about US $2360) after July 20, 2019
Immerse yourself in this inclusive tour of Northern Italy's urban, natural and cultural treasures. This trip will leave you with a full appreciation of the Dolce Vita, and a yearning for more. We will guide you from the bubbling streets and elegant piazzas of Milan to the spectacular trails of Cinque Terre (UNESCO World-Heritage Site), a region famous for its rocky coastline and bright-coloured houses overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Enjoy guided walking tours of Milan and Turin, two of Italy's foremost historic and cultural centers. Experience the extraordinary cultural and culinary traditions of Genoa - the birthplace of Christopher Columbus - and Parma, which produces some of Italy's best prosciutto! Marvel at the incredible natural and urban shapes and colors of Cinque Terre, and hike its scenic coastal trails. Savor the fragrant local cuisine and wines at the end of an action-packed day exploring the vibrant cities or quaint villages of northern Italy.
Day 1: Ciao Italia! Meet your event organizer – Walter - and our Italian tour leader at the Malpensa Airport in Milan, arrivals area, at 1:00 pm. Travel to our hotel (just outside Milan) to check into our rooms. Then we will head into town for a drink and a first glimpse of the local way of life. Overnight at the hotel. (D)
Day 2: Meet me in Milan. Enjoy a day-long walking tour of Italy’s premier financial city, which was once an independent state. Walk by the iconic cathedral (the Duomo - UNESCO Site), La Scala opera house and the Renaissance castle of the Sforza family - which ruled the city in the XV and XVI centuries - and other stunning attractions of this vibrant modern city. In the evening we will return to the hotel aboard our chartered bus. Overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 3: Of kings and queens. We will travel to the next stop in our journey -- Turin. Upon arrival, we will visit the gorgeous Royal Palace of Venaria (UNESCO Site), a vast and elegant residence completed in the 18th century by the local monarchy. After the visit, we will check into our local hotel. Overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 4: Turin times. The city boasts a major role in Italy's history and economy, it was indeed the home of a major state and the Savoias - the monarchs that ruled northern Italy for four centuries. Turin is also the home to the FIAT auto company, and the site of the 2006 winter Olympic Games. Overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 5: Sea you soon. This morning we we begin our journey towards the Mediterranean Sea. Along the way, we will spend a few hours exploring Genoa, a picturesque port city with a great naval heritage, and the place where pesto sauce was invented. Take a pleasant walk in the city center, or enjoy an optional tour of the city's aquarium (ticket not incl). At the end of the day we will check into our local hotel in Cinque Terre. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 6: Explore the Riviera (from Levanto to Monterosso). Length: 9Km (5.5mi). Difficulty level: Moderate.
Our expert local guide will lead us on the first of our three unforgettable day hikes in world-renowned Cinque Terre National Park – a natural oasis on Italy’s Northern Riviera! We will absorb the local scenery as we traverse cliff-top bridges, vineyards, olive groves and lemon orchards. Overnight at the hotel. (B, D)
Day 7: Hiking paradise. (from Riomaggiore to Portovenere). Length: 13Km (8mi). Difficulty level: Moderate to difficult.
Enjoy another hiking adventure through the remarkable natural and cultural attractions of Cinque Terre. This is a more challenging, yet rewarding hike through the lush forest and quaint coastal villages of this magical land. Overnight at the hotel. (B, D)
Day 8: More to explore. (from Manarola to Levanto). Length: 9Km (5.5mi). Difficulty level: Moderate.
The final chapter of our Cinque Terre hiking spree takes us through more scenic vistas and beach towns along the sun-kissed trails of this gorgeous region of Italy. Enjoy a shorter walk and bask in the refreshing flavors and scents of this truly amazing place. Overnight at the hotel. (B, D)
Day 9: Return to Milan. Today we must bid good-bye to the Riviera, and begin our trip back to Milan. We will also stop for a visit to the Medieval city of Parma, in the heart of Northern Italy. Enjoy a stroll along the city's ancient streets and piazzas, visit a prosciutto-making shop and sample some of this succulent meat product before returning to Milan. Overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 10: Arrivederci! Transfer to the Malpensa Airport in Milan by chartered bus to embark on our home-bound flight, or continue to explore Italy on our own. (B)
EARLY BIRD: $2915 CAD (about US $2210) - Flight not included (2)
Reg price: $3115 CAD pp (about US $2360) after July 20, 2019
Single supplement: $450 CAD pp (about US $340) (3)
Booking deposit: $250 CAD pp due upon registration (4)
BOOKING DEADLINE: September 12, 2019
* 9 nights accommodation at 3*+ or 4* hotels in a double/twin room (en-suite bathroom, AC and satellite TV);
* tourist tax;
* round-trip transfer by private passenger van from the Malpensa Airport in Milan to the local hotel (5)
* 9 dinners (D)
* 9 buffet breakfasts (B)
* 1/2 liter of mineral water with each dinner;
* experienced local Italian-speaking tour leader and English interpreter throughout the tour;
* all guided sightseeing/hiking activities specified in the itinerary above;
* transportation aboard a chartered bus with professional driver for daily transfers and visits;
* transport by public transit (bus or subway) to and from the city center, where tour buses are not permitted.
* International flights (contact our travel specialist at the number below to request a flight quote);
* personal expenses or tips;
* any other goods or services not clearly stated in the "Inclusions" section above.
* trip cancellation/interruption insurance: Recommended (6)
* emergency medical insurance: Highly recommended! (6)
(1) Rates based on double-occupancy for a minimum of 11 travelers.
(2) Our dedicated travel specialist at Sarracini Travel will gladly assist you with your flight needs at special discounted rates.
(3) The supplement is required ONLY if you request a single room for the entire trip, or if we are unable to find a roommate for you.
(4) The deposit in NON-REFUNDABLE. Full payment is due by September 12, 2019.
(5) You are responsible to ensure that you arrive at the Malpensa airport by 1:00 pm on Day 1 (Oct 27), in order to use our private airport transfer service. If you are late, you may travel to the hotel in Milan by other means.
(6) Sarracini Travel is happy to quote you if you need this or any other type of insurance
Sarracini Travel General Terms and Conditions Apply
Please, contact our trusted travel specialist:
TRIP CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY