EARLY BIRD: $2300 CAD (about US $1770)
Reg price: $2495 CAD (about US $1920) after February 20, 2020
Enjoy a 9-day fully escorted and guided tour of Rome and Campania’s incredible natural, historic and artistic treasures. Take in the stunning beauty of Rome, Naples, Pompeii and other world-renowned history and culture hubs. Explore the picturesque town of Positano on the Amalfi Coast, and hike on spectacular coastal and island trails overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Marvel at the vibrant urban life and romantic beaches of Capri, and treat yourself to a succulent Italian meal or zesty glass of local wine.
Our tour includes visits to the archaeological site of Pompeii and three other UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and also a guided hike to the top of the iconic volcano of Mount Vesuvius. This journey is guaranteed to steal your heart and feed your soul!
Day 1: Ciao Italia! Meet your event organizer – Walter - and our Italian tour leader at the Fiumicino Airport in Rome, arrivals area, before 12:00 pm. Travel to our hotel (just outside Rome) to check into our rooms. Then we will head into town for a drink and a first glimpse of the Dolce Vita. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (D)
Day 2: Discover Rome. Enjoy a day-long walking tour of Italy’s capital, led by our energetic and experienced tour leader -- a native Italian with over 30 years of experience. Stroll by the Colosseum (UNESCO World Heritage Site), the Trevi Fountain and many other major landmarks and piazzas of the Eternal City. In the evening we will return to the hotel aboard our chartered bus. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 3: Meet the royals! We begin our journey towards the beautiful region of Campania aboard our chartered mini-bus. First stop, Caserta, home to an impressive 18th Century palace built by a Spanish king -- the Royal Palace of Caserta (UNESCO Site). Take a walking tour of this vast and magnificent example of Baroque architecture, and the enormous garden that surrounds it. The day ends in the coastal city of Naples. Upon arrival, we will check into our local hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 4: Best of Naples Lace up your boots and embark on an exciting hike to the top of a picturesque volcano - Mount Vesuvius - with a local English-speaking guide. In the afternoon, enjoy a pleasant walking tour of the city of Naples - which was once a state capital - to discover its rich artistic and historic treasures. Take in the stunning views of the sea, and the incredible fragrances of local pizza, pasta and other authentic fare. Return to the hotel at 7:30 pm, dinner and overnight at the hotel (B,D)
Day 5: Classic Capri. Travel by ferry to the picturesque Isle of Capri, famous for its decadent social scene, crowded streets and piazzas, and natural attractions such as the Blue Grotto. We will spend the day sightseeing and hiking on this magical island, and in the evening return to the hotel by ferry for dinner. (B,D)
Day 6: Earth & fire. Travel to the ancient city and archaeological site of Pompeii (UNESCO Site) aboard our private bus. Let a professional English-speaking guide take you through the ruins and the artifacts preserved for thousands of years in this Roman-era city which was destroyed by a volcanic eruption in AD 79. In the afternoon, proceed to the coastal town of Sorrento, where we will spend the next 3 nights, while exploring the gorgeous Amalfi Coast (UNESCO Site) on foot. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. (B,D)
EARLY BIRD: $2300 CAD pp (about US $1770) - Flight not included (2)
Regular price: $2495 CAD pp (about US $1920) after February 20, 2020
Single supplement: $415 pp (about US $320) (3)
Booking deposit: $250 pp due upon registration (4)
BOOKING DEADLINE: March 6, 2020
* 8 nights accommodation at quality 3* Premium or 4* hotels in a double/twin room (en-suite bathroom, AC and satellite TV);
* tourist tax;
* round-trip transfer by private minibus from Fiumicino airport to the Rome hotel (5)
* 8 dinners (D)
* 8 buffet breakfasts (B)
* 1/2 liter of mineral water and a glass of wine with each dinner;
* experienced local Italian-speaking tour leader and English interpreter throughout the tour;
* all guided sightseeing/hiking activities specified in the itinerary above;
* transportation between locations aboard a chartered bus with professional driver;
* entry fee to the Royal Palace of Caserta;
* Mount Vesuvius hike with a professional guide;
* 1 ferry ticket to the Isle of Capri.
* 1 admission ticket to the archaeological site of Pompeii;
* 1 private tour of Pompeii with English-speaking guide.
* International flights (contact our travel specialist at the number below to request a flight quote);
* personal expenses or tips;
* public transit tickets during the urban tours in Rome, Naples and Positano (about $14 CAD per person total);
* trip cancellation/interruption insurance: Recommended (6)
* emergency medical insurance: Highly recommended! (6)
* any other goods or services not clearly stated in the "Inclusions" section above.
(1) Rates based on double-occupancy for a minimum of 10 travelers.
(2) Our dedicated travel specialist at Sarracini Travel will gladly assist you with your flight needs at special discounted rates.
(3) The supplement is required ONLY if you request a single room for the entire trip, or if we are unable to find a roommate for you.
(4) The deposit in NON-REFUNDABLE. Full payment is due by March 6, 2020.
(5) You are responsible to ensure that you arrive at the Fiumicino airport by 12:00 pm on day 1 (April 16), in order to use our private airport transfer service. If you are late, you may travel to the Rome hotel by other means.
(6) Sarracini Travel is happy to quote you if you need this or any other type of insurance
Sarracini Travel General Terms and Conditions Apply
Please, contact our trusted travel specialist:
TRIP CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY