Picking a Hike for Fall Colours
If you are looking for a fall colours hike, try one of these or see below for fall colour drives and photos.
L05 Rattlesnake Point to Crawford Lake
Central area | 15.5 km | Rolling hills with good varied colour
L06 Hockley Valley
Orangeville area | 13.7 km | One of the best for fall colours
L04 Rouge River Valley
Eastern area | 10 km | Nice walk to view fall colours
L08 Boyne River PP
Orangeville area | 14.5 km | Challenging but much colour along the way
L09F Dundas Valley Ancaster Waterfalls
Hamilton area | 13 km | A nice fall colours walk -later than most
L11F Shorthills PP 456
Niagara area | 15.3 km | Large variety of colours
L13 Mono Cliffs PP
Orangeville area | 16.3 km | A great lookout point for fall colours
L14F Forks of the Credit PP
Orangeville area | 16.5 km | Much to recommend for fall coloursOrangeville
L15 Albion Hills CA
Orangeville area | 9 km | An easy hike for fall colour viewing
L33F Grindstone Creek -Waterdown Woods
Hamilton area | 12.5 km | Nice colours along the creek rapids
L38 Boyne to Mulmur Hills
Orangeville area | 18 km | A challenging hike but good colours
L40 Backus Woods to Heritage Village
Western area | 14 km | An easy fall colours walk
L51F Hilton Falls Conservation Area
Central area | 11 km | Large mixed hardwood forest with wooded swamps
L53 Hemlock Ridge
Orangeville 17 km Challenging but rewarding for fall colours
L62 Nashville CR
Orangeville area | 7 km | Undulating terrain with mixed colour along the Humber River
Picking an Urban Walk for Fall Colours
W02 Highland Creek/East Pt. Park
| 12 km | Excellent colour along the flat banks of Highland Creek
W04 The Beltline and Central Ravines
| 12 km | Mostly flat terrain passing Mount Pleasant Cemetery and Evergreen Brickworks
W07 Humber River North Linear
| 9 km | Colourful scenic walk along the Humber passing James Gardens
Other Recommended Sites for Fall Colours
We have no fall colour photos for these sites but if you'd be willing to send us one, we'll post it here. Have some good additions to the list? Let us know and we'll add them.
Dundas Peak (Spencer Gorge CA)
King Forest (Happy Valley)
Evergreen Brick Works
Lynde Shores CA
Apple Wood Trail
Humber Arboretum (Etobicoke)
Joker's Hill CA
Bronte Creek PP
Dorset Lookout Tower
The photos in the Fall Colours photo album and/or video were submitted by our hiking community to illustrate the variety and intensity of colours in the fall Ontario landscape.
ONTARIO FALL COLOURS VIDEO:
We'd be pleased to have you send us your fall colours photos for inclusion in our next Fall Colours photo album or video. Just use our Contact Us form on the home page.
See our Ecology Section for more on Fall Colours and why leaves change colour.
Some Fall Colour Drives
- The Forks of the Credit Road. This road runs west off Highway 10 where the highway begins to climb to the north up the Escarpment. There is some great fall colours along the Forks of the Credit Road as it twists, turns and dips to follow the Credit River.
- Escarpment Road. Less than a kilometre further north of the above Forks of the Credit Road, the Escarpment Road runs east off Highway 10 and is a nice drive to view fall colours.
- Hockley Road. A bit north of Orangeville on Hwy 10, Hockley Road runs west as it twists its' way over to Airport Road.
- Caledon Drive. Take Airport Road north to Hockley Road. Turn east on Hockley Road to Highway 10. Then head south through Orangeville to either or both of The Forks of the Credit Road and/or the Escarpment Road to explore the beautiful fall colours of the region.
- L52F Grey County Magnificent Seven. A long very interesting 150 km all-day drive visiting 7 waterfalls and much fall colour along the way and at the falls.