Humber River Nature Walk
Let's take a scenic walking tour of the Humber River, one of Toronto's natural and historic treasures. The Humber was designated a Canadian Heritage River in 1999. A plaque commemorating this event is located in Brule Park.
More than 25 fish species inhabit this part of the river, and the area is home to many species of birds and other wildlife. Our walk begins at Kingsmill Park, located within walking distance from Old Mill Subway station. Length: 11 Km
DATE: Sat, May 20
TIME: 9:45 AM
EVENT CATEGORY: Nature Walk
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Beginner – All walking/hiking levels welcome!
WHAT TO BRING: Water (at least 0.75 L), lunch, snacks, appropriate clothing and footwear, hat, camera, cellphone, cash for personal expenses and/or donation to TorontoHiking, driving directions, enthusiasm.
POST-EVENT: Those willing to head to a nearby pub or restaurant for a drink and/or a bite to eat will have an option to do so. Venue to be determined. This will depend mainly on the number of people interested.
WEATHER POLICY: In the event of harsh weather, this walk will be cancelled. The hike leader will monitor the weather forecast and notify all registered members at least 24 hours in advance to confirm or cancel the event.
TOTAL HIKING TIME: 3-4 hours hiking including lunch and stops, depending on overall group pace.
MORE INFO: ToHi Group Hikes Blog
Travel to Kingsmill Park by car or public transit and meet our group there NO LATER than 9:45 AM. You will read and sign a waiver form. The hike will start promptly at 10:00 AM
Parking Lot at Kingsmill Park, 9 Old Mill Road (below OLD MILL SUBWAY STN.), Toronto, ON
* TTC Directions: Take the subway to Old Mill TTC Subway Station (on Line 2: Bloor-Danforth),
- exit Old Mill Station and turn RIGHT on Old Mill Trail,
- at stop sign turn RIGHT on Old Mill Road,
- you will now see the Old Mill Inn & Spa on your right hand side. Do NOT cross the bridge over the Humber River,
- take the first road on the RIGHT into Kingsmill Park. This is the road leading south next to the Old Mill Inn,
- meet our group in the parking lot on the RIGHT side of the road, just after a bent on the road.
* By Car: Drive towards Old Mill TTC Subway Station, located at the corner of Bloor Steet West and Old Mill Trail. (west of Jane St.) and then follow the same directions to the parking lot. See above.
Disclaimer: Our walks/hikes are planned and operated by volunteers. Most group walks/hikes on TorontoHiking are led by volunteers with several years of experience as hike leaders. However, we make no claims of being professional guides, and take no responsibility for the outcome of any of our activities.